How to keep customers happy when no two people are the same
- 29th October 2018
- Posted by: Mark Dodds
- Category: Technology
Keeping customers happy can be a tricky business sometimes. No two people are ever exactly the same, so a “one size fits all” approach is never going to work.
But regardless of age, shape, size, background and buying habits, there are some common themes that you can pretty much guarantee each and every single one of your customers will expect:
- Value for money: Even billionaires like to know they’re getting a good deal. If there’s someone else who can deliver the same product or service for a lower price, there’s always a risk they might jump ship
- Good service: Today’s customer has more choice than ever, and 47% of people say they’d rather buy from a company that treats them with respect and looks after them. A bad day in the office could see the end of a great relationship, so always make great service a priority across your entire organisation
- Reliability: Good business is about building trust, and people need to know that you’ll consistently deliver what they want, when they want it. If you don’t, someone else will
- Quality: The link between price and value is vital, so even when we’re looking out for the best deal, quality should never be compromised
- Simplicity: Nobody wants to spend ages navigating a website to find the information or products they need. If you want to keep customers, you need to make it easy for them
Giving your customers what they want depends on a number of things. You need clear processes, great staff, a positive attitude, flexibility and the right tools for the job.
One of the most important tools is your IT system. It must be easy to use, efficient, reliable and secure as an absolute minimum. Without that, you can’t guarantee great customer service.