- 14th April 2021
- Posted by: Mark Dodds
- Category: Financial Services, ransomware, Security
Have you heard of ransomware? It’s where all of your business’s data is encrypted and held to ransom by criminals. They demand a huge fee to release it.
In fact, I’ve just been reading that the average ransom fee demanded has shot up in the last year.
A threat intelligence team in the USA revealed the average payment following a ransomware attack last year went up 171% to £225,917. That’s compared to £83,228 in 2019
What you are about to see is rarely captured on video…
We asked a certified ethical hacker to break into a computer using different types of attack. .
In this attack, our ethical hacker encrypts all of your data, until you pay a huge ransom to get it back.
Do these five key things to protect your business
Because ransomware is so difficult and expensive to undo, you need to take a fully preventative approach. There are five key things we recommend you do to be prepared…
- Backup all data, every day
- Watch out for bad emails. Use software and train your staff
- Keep all software 100% up-to-date, all the time
- Use an appropriate blend of security software and measures
- Have a solid plan to look for the symptoms of an impending attack. And know what urgent action to take.
If you think you could do with some help and assistance with your IT security get in touch with us. You can talk through any issues or worries you may have and we’ll suggest the best ways to give you peace of mind.