5 ways to improve staff retention rates
- 15th July 2019
- Posted by: Mark Dodds
- Category: Technology
Great staff aren’t always easy to come by, so when you do, it’s important to keep hold of them.
Here are our 5 top tips that will help you hang on to your team, so you can build an organisation packed with expertise, knowledge and great service.
- Make good hiring decisions: Strong teams start with solid recruitment, so make sure you advertise in the right places, ask the right questions, and follow up on references. Finding the right fit is about much more than whether someone is able to do the job, it’s about whether they can fit into your organisational culture.
- Show your appreciation. Employees give more when they feel valued, so always say thankyou for a job well done and offer perks where possible – being able to the work from home to fit around family commitments or getting a good parking space can go a long way towards building loyalty.
- Keep them safe. Employers have a responsibility to provide a secure, comfortable and safe working environment. Nobody should be taking time off because of work stress or find themselves feeling vulnerable to attack, so think carefully about how you can make your workspace a healthy and safe one.
- Pay attention, not lip service. Staff satisfaction surveys aren’t worth the paper they’re written on unless they’re actioned, so be sure to listen to staff feedback and bring it into your annual business planning.
- Give them the right equipment. Issues with technology are a huge bugbear for employees, especially when their ability to do a good job is compromised. If your computers are causing problems, contact us today for a no obligation assessment – it might just mean the difference between keeping and losing great staff!